Wednesday, 30 September 2026

18 Trend-Led Items to Update Your Wardrobe with Minimal Effort—and Minimal Cost

https://ift.tt/lYTjAO8

It’s officially autumn. The weather has (finally) cooled down enough for jackets, lightweight layers and even a fine knit or two. But for me, the best thing about the turn of the season has to be shopping for the best trend-led wardrobe updates.

As a shopping editor, it’s second nature for me to scour every retailer’s new-in page as soon as a new season hits, and I’m particularly impressed with the latest drops. The AW26 trends are a beautiful balance of eye-catching design and surprising versatility. I can see myself wearing every single one (which for me is pretty much unheard of).

From country dressing to clever layering, you might have elements of each trend in your wardrobe already. If not, they probably fill a gap you didn't know you had. So if you prefer to stick to wearable, timeless pieces, there are plenty to choose from.

Over my years as an editor, I've discovered that committing fully to a new trend can feel daunting, so I’ve found a workaround. Every piece you see below is an easy update to your wardrobe—no big statement pieces, but rather, effortless accents to add to the outfits you already love. Think wearable prints, trend-led pops of colour and plays on silhouette and texture.

I’m a strong believer that shopping the trends doesn’t have to mean paying a fortune, so I’ve only selected pieces that are currently on sale—with a mixture of high street and high end items. Oh, and I’ve added in relevant links to Marie Claire’s exclusive discount codes to get you even better prices on every selection you see below. You can thank me later.

For the full lowdown on the best trends of the season, see our Fashion Director’s in-depth AW26 trend report and to discover the effortless and affordable pieces that will incorporate said trends into your wardrobe, read on.

18 Trend-led Wardrobe Updates for Autumn

1. Velvet

2. Red

3. Modern suiting

4. Leopard print

5. Polished folk

6. Drop waist designs

7. Layer up

8. Very demure

9. Check print

10. Country dressing



from Latest from Marie Claire UK https://ift.tt/XndcDTZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment