Thursday 24 January 2019

5 French Women On What Style Means To Them I’ve been obsessed with French-girl style since the early 90s, when I tuned into started the cartoon Madeline for the first time at age five. She only ever wore a uniform, tho, I hear you protest, to which I say, Duh! That’s the power of the French-girl allure. My name is also Madeleine, I also wore a school uniform, but did I have my own TV show and a super cute best friend named Pepito? Didn’t think so. It’s the same nowadays—I pop on a white t-shirt and vintage jeans and look like I probably just stumbled off the couch to run an insignificant errand, whereas a French-girl will throw on the same look and a thousand think pieces like this will ensue. Aside from a nonchalant confidence, part of the French-girl allure lies in their mastering of the art of the classic, timeless uniform. They look fly every single time with their high-waisted trousers, well-fitted jeans, check blazers, wrap dresses, frilly tops, metallic heels, and beautifully tailored suits. In the spirit of leaning into our French-girl alter egos, we dipped into the style treasure trove that is our #STREET365 section to glean a clearer understanding of our favourite Parisian women’s thought patterns when getting dressed. Read all about what style means to them below, then shop their looks.  Louise Follain Shop her look here “French-girl style is staying super feminine wearing an oversized jacket, wide leg jeans or the most basic white T-shirt. I love to wear denim, jeans, jackets, skirts, whatever.”  Sam Bruelle Shop her look here “I love to mix different styles like streetwear and 70s hippy, paired back with my basics to unify my outfit. I care about what I wear because it’s the first thing that people see—it’s important for me to reflect myself in my outfit. Clothes shouldn’t be a way to hide but instead a way to highlight yourself. I love originality, and it is sad when everything looks the same.” Eva Schwager Shop her look here “One of the best things about fashion is the power it gives you to be whoever you want, whenever you want. Style has a significant impact on the way I feel and how people perceive me every day. Life is like a theatre play and clothes are your costume, style defines your character and the story you want to tell the world.” Anne-Laure Mais Shop her look here “French-girl style is effortless… I’m inspired by the 70s, and I love to wear vintage Levi’s with a navy jumper (it’s my uniform!). Diane Kari Shop here look here “To me, [true French-girl style] is a pair of jeans and a white shirt, worn with a good jacket and a pair of sneakers, or a pair of black boots. Really simple. Nothing artificial. My favourite t-shirt is from Brandy Melville, it’s got lots of holes in it; it’s really used. I also want a pair of Michel Vivien heels… They’re beautiful.” The post 5 French Women On What Style Means To Them appeared first on CHRONICLES OF HER. Maddy Woon


via CHRONICLES OF HER http://bit.ly/2sKJUis

No comments:

Post a Comment