Saturday 23 February 2019

3 NYC-Inspired Looks to Take You From Day to Night There are many wonderful perks of working in fashion, but year-in, year-out, the highlight for me is when I get to pack my (extra large) bags to take-off O/S for fashion week and I’ll let you in on a secret… It is SO important to pack outfits to take you from day to night. Why? I love travelling (anywhere and everywhere), I get to be extra *extra* with my outfit choices, and I’m treated to a glimpse of what we’ll all be wearing in a year’s time. FYI, you’ll be needing at least a few 70s-inspired vacation – à la the seaside-chic-themed Michael Kors’ SS19 show. Other notable takeaways getting me in the mood for sand, saltwater and sunshine: crochet bucket hats, surf shirts, and clashing tropical prints. I want it all. Now! But before I get ahead of myself (and mentally make-way in my wardrobe for what’s to come next summer), I decided to take to the streets of NYC to pay homage to one trend that has withstood the test of fashion month time and time again. Versatile, flattering, comfortable and able to be reinvented a million times over, I’ll never grow tired of the understated-chic appeal of an all-black outfit.  The colour black has cemented itself as my go-to when I’m running late, and I’m always experimenting with different ways to reinvent it for whatever occasion I’ve jotted down in my calendar—from breakfast meetings to after-work drinks, and beyond. From the cobbled streets of Soho and the tourist-filled Washington State Park, here’s three cute NYC-inspired, all-black outfits feat. a few of my favourite pieces from Michael Kors. Wearing: Michael Kors dress and boots DAYTIME: Accessorise, accessorise, accessorise The number one reason I love an all-black outfit is that it allows you to go !wild! with your accessories. Slip into a pair of knee-high boots! Wear a neck scarf! Pop on those dramatic earrings you’ve been meaning to wear but haven’t gotten around to! No accoutrement is out of bounds when wearing all-black. It’s an undisputed fact that all-black is the most flattering sartorial choice one can make, and this is only heightened with the addition of a belt cinched at your waist (as I’ve done here). Wearing: Michael Kors top, pants & bag NIGHTTIME: Opt For The Elegant Two-Piece Any look that requires minimal effort with maximum return is one that I want in my arsenal always. Enter the sophisticated pyjama look. This one is so easy to pull off, you could do it with your eyes closed. To ensure it doesn’t wind up looking like an appropriate shut-eye outfit (i.e. your jammies), though, reach for an embellished two-piece set like this Michael Kors one. Understated, yet chic enough to suit any dress code. Wearing: Michael Kors dress, bag & shoes ANYTIME: Add A Statement Piece I’ve been worshipping at the altar of sneakers for as long as I can remember, and while I doubt that’s going to change anytime soon, I’ve been increasingly taken with heels of late. Is this what maturing feels like? Continuing with the all-black theme, these chunky MK heels provide the perfect combination of height and comfort. Pair with sparkly black silk dress, and you’re all set to nail the silly season. Wearing: Michael Kors dress and boots Shot by Georgie Wood-Weber Edited by Carmen Hamilton   The post 3 NYC-Inspired Looks to Take You From Day to Night appeared first on CHRONICLES OF HER. Carmen Hamilton


via CHRONICLES OF HER https://ift.tt/2DfN7Nu

No comments:

Post a Comment