Wednesday 16 January 2019

How I Developed My Signature Style For all its many benefits, there’s no denying that social media has chipped away at our ability to focus on our own signature style and tbh any one thing for much longer than a millisecond, before our attention is whisked away by the next shiny piece of content or Instagram black hole. Just ask the pile of unread books next to my bed, or the seventy tabs that are currently open on my computer. My brain has well and truly reached maximum capacity, and that oversaturation of information definitely includes style inspiration as well. Sure, the internet is a great source of inspiration, but when #inspo morphs into comparison, and when we feel compelled to buy into each rapid-fire trend that comes our way, the joy of getting dressed gets lost along the way and, instead, becomes a stressful ordeal. So, what’s a girl to do? And, more importantly, how do we develop and stay true to our own ‘signature style’?   Although it’s always evolving (remember that time I wanted to change my whole look and then did?), my own signature style is built around a few key rules. I try not to buy into trends, I swear by a good tailor, and I often look to thrift and vintage stores for original pieces. I’ve grown to accept and appreciate what works for me (blazers, statement jewellery, well-tailored suits and great basics etc) and what doesn’t, and I always lean towards clothes that evoke an emotional response in me, rather than trying to emulate every look that’s buried in my saved folder on Instagram. Above all, I like to invest in good quality pieces that withstand the test of time, which is why I’m so drawn to the timeless appeal of monogram prints. Personal style should be an outlet for personal expression and creativity. It’s a celebration of, and a way to communicate, our own individual personalities, and that’s what makes it so important! Words: @carmengracehamilton | Photos: @georgiewoodweber *Shot in collaboration with Coach.  The post How I Developed My Signature Style appeared first on CHRONICLES OF HER. Carmen Hamilton


via CHRONICLES OF HER http://bit.ly/2RBrPm9

No comments:

Post a Comment