Friday 28 September 2018

Here’s How To Survive The Next Heatwave NYC was recently been hit by a mega heatwave, and despite it only being the beginning of spring here in the southern hemi, we’ve already been blessed/cursed with a 30 degree day ourselves. This has me mentally, physically and sartorially preparing myself for the onslaught of 25 degree+ days a’coming my way. I may be a little over dramatic, and I’m not sure about you… But the thought of gasping for cool air during a hawt day and wearing anything other than a singlet and open toe shoes gives me the shivers. To be real with you, I become a sweaty mess, my body temperature has a habit of rising above 50 degrees and I am already loathing the any predicted heatwave ahead. You’d have to be superwoman to be able to put up with with slippery sandals and sweaty upper lip (SULA). Its not cute, it’s not chic and it’s definitely not by choice. As soon as the temperature starts rising, I start to think of ways to stay cool and wear as little of clothing as possible without bringing to mind Paris Hilton circa 2005. With my annually suffering in mind, I thought I’d be selfless and share some *hot* strategies and cheats that have helped me previously during the sweatier times with you. Take a moment and read away to keep your SULA at bay. STAY CLEAR FROM POLYESTER   View this post on Instagram   Not leaving the couch all Sunday. Especially when we’re wearing super-soft, certified organic cotton tees, by First Date.  When it comes to ethics, First Date ticks a lot of our boxes, which is just how we like it. The Melbourne- and Byron Bay-based design duo of Jane Maria and Jemma Eleanor channel their shared creative direction into this capsule range of tees, which are made from certified organic cotton, in Fairtrade-certified facilities, and printed using water-based dyes. Shop First Date’s full collection of tees on Well Made Clothes! A post shared by Well Made Clothes (@wellmadeclothes_) on May 12, 2018 at 3:14pm PDT Or any faux cotton material for that matter. I don’t even need to go into much depth with this… I know you all and squirm to the thought and feeling of wearing a non breathable, synthetic material that sticks to your body in all of the wrong places, leaving you to feel over heated and straight up feral. With the heat, these sorts of materials just don’t do anyone justice. Instead, stick to cotton or linen clothes (like this cute dress by Jac+Jack or this Amalfi Coast holiday ~vibe~ skirt ) These materials are breathable and also dry faster (toodles sweat patches). And lets be real, who doesn’t want to dress like the cast of ‘The Talented Mr. Ripley“? KEEP HYDRATED NO MATTER WHAT.   View this post on Instagram   SOPHIA BABY #straya A post shared by Akila Berjaoui (@akila_berjaoui) on Jun 26, 2017 at 2:33am PDT One of the biggest issues in the summer time was that I was so hot/sweaty and bothered that I was constantly dehydrated. Now I’m not the biggest fan of water… I literally have to force myself to scull two litres before lunch time or I won’t drink any at all. Luckily my mum’s a cleaver lady and sneakily started to add lime, mint and some orange to my water and BAM I was hoovering it down like it was a bottle of flat lemonade (delish). So from then on I’ve been doing anything to spice up my water. Give it a go and find the flavour that you’ll start to crave everyday. Ill tell you now, there is nothing worse than feeling physically drained, purely due to your lack of water intake. SOMETHING SO EASY TO KEEP ON TOP OF! Oh, another cute trick that helped with my water intake was this amazing 2.2 litre reusable bottle that I took with me everywhere. KEEP MOISTURISER IN THE FRIDGE   View this post on Instagram   autumn always plays me cos i get excited about camellias but it’s also cold & flu season A post shared by AMBER (@bbgorlambs) on May 17, 2018 at 7:43pm PDT Weird, I know. It is suuuper refreshing though, you must give it a try. Dermalogica is a new fav of mine, the Calm Water Gel, WOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!! AVOID TIGHT CLOTHING.   View this post on Instagram   Miss you @isabellakilloran A post shared by Maryam Nassirzadeh (@maryam_nassir_zadeh) on Sep 11, 2018 at 7:31pm PDT That’s pretty straight forward. Every one knows theres nothing better than a breezy Lee Matthews dress on a hot day. RINSE YOUR WRISTS!    View this post on Instagram   A post shared by Helena (@helenacuesta) on Aug 17, 2018 at 4:45am PDT Running cold water over your wrists for a couple of minutes will lower the temperature of the blood running through your veins therefore cool down the temperature of the rest of your body. Your body radiates heat from the hands, feet, ears and face, so doing so on any of those parts will work, though wrists just seem appropriate… KEEP YOUR TOOTSIES COOL.    View this post on Instagram   @nastassiabruckin A post shared by PANSY (@pansyco) on Sep 21, 2018 at 12:44pm PDT Wear open shoes, or thin cotton socks if you have to wear any at all. Pulse points are plentiful around your ankles and feet. So even if you don’t want to swim, make an effort to drag your toes across that shoreline to cool your bothered ol’ self down. Get yo self a pair of kept sandals or thongs. DITCH THE PADDED BRA.   View this post on Instagram   @nastassiabruckin A post shared by PANSY (@pansyco) on Sep 21, 2018 at 12:44pm PDT Buy yourself some good old bonds crop tops, or head down to your local lingerie store and swap the padding for some lace bralettes- because, book sweat. Pansy Co are my go to, forever and always. Words, Jai Kaldor.  The post Here’s How To Survive The Next Heatwave appeared first on CHRONICLES OF HER. Jai Kaldor


via CHRONICLES OF HER https://ift.tt/2y1i9V6

No comments:

Post a Comment