Monday 13 August 2018

5 Aussie Designers Are Selling Their Fave Vintage Pieces RN Do you want the good news or the great news first? Ok, we’ll start with the good—you can now sell your luxury treasures on Vestiaire Collective here in Australia. Yay! And, the great news? To kick things off, five of your favourite designers—Pip Edwards and Claire Tregoning of P.E NATION, Louise Olsen of Dinosaur Designs, Alice McCall, and Michelle Glew-Ross of My General Store—have parted ways with some fab gems from their personal and brand archives, which are available for you to shop now below.  And, the good news just keeps rollin’. All the proceeds from this one-of-a-kind collection will be donated to Fashion Revolution—a not-for-profit global movement which aims to radically change the way our clothes are sourced, produced and consumed. Hear more about the designers’ thoughts on sustainability and personal style, among other things, and then shop their favourite archival pieces below.  Get in, angels, we’re going shopping for a good cause… Michelle Glew-Ross, My General Store On what she’s donating: “The collection that I am donating is a mix of clothes and shoes that have been special to me at some point in time, or pieces that I just did not wear enough. I look forward to the pieces being used again with new owners.” On how often she updates her wardrobe: “I believe in buying quality over quantity. I try to buy well-made classic styles that will last for years to come. I generally add two or three new pieces a season that can either be new or vintage pieces. I find this is enough to be able to mix up my current wardrobe and continue wearing everything. On sustainability:  “[Sustainability] is something that we all need to be aware of. The effect that fast fashion is having on our environment is extremely apparent. Recycling clothing, consuming less, buying quality over quantity are some of the best ways we can help.” Shop her wardrobe: My General Store Striped Shirt, My General Store Striped Pants, Proenza Schouler Dress, Céline Leather Slides Pip Edwards and Claire Tregoning, P.E Nation On what they’re donating: “We are both so lucky to have direct access to fashion every day, the downside is having too much and feeling overwhelmed by our wardrobes. It’s essential for our minds (and our homes!) to clear out the wardrobes regularly. It is therapy for us, like a mini detox. Choosing the pieces to remove is always hard, a bit of a push/pull in the sense that you don’t need it anymore but you still really love it… like many of the pieces we have donated.” On how often they update their wardrobes:  “At P.E Nation we’re always working on new product from wear testing to new development and deliveries, we’re continually adding in pieces to complement our wider wardrobe which we update monthly to coincide with our product dropping in to store. We always style back with P.E Nation and constantly keep a look out for that key piece that will elevate our active-streetwear looks. To make room, we also give away a lot of product and donate from our wardrobes as much as possible.” On sustainability:  “Every day this topic is becoming more and more important to us. As a business, we are looking at ways to become more responsible in every aspect of our operations. Personally, we love and draw inspiration from second hand and vintage shopping – garment shapes and colours, the history, the culture and the time these pieces represent are the cornerstone of many creative processes in the fashion industry.” Shop their wardrobes: Dion Lee Silk Blazer, P.E Nation Jacket Alice McCall On her favourite place to shop vintage IRL:  “I love doing my vintage shopping in Los Angeles. My favorite vintage store in LA is called The Way We Wore and I just love its owner, Doris. The Stella McCartney jacket and the Marc Jacobs midi dress, for instance, come from there.” On her personal style:  “Effortless but chic at the same time. I like wearing a bit of 1970’s boho denim with a designer pair of shoes—I live granny chic style, i.e my Gucci loafers with a pair of bobby sock.” On sustainability:  “I try to be as sustainable as possible in every aspect of my life and design keepsake pieces.” Shop her wardrobe: Stella McCartney jacket, Marc Jacobs midi dress, Non Signé jumper, Alice McCall dress Louise Olsen, Dinosaur Designs On her personal style:  “I think I’m pretty classic with a twist. I love masculine tailoring balanced with a certain femininity.” On sustainability:  “Sustainability is very important to me. The amount of clothes that end up as landfill is appalling. It is so damaging on so many levels to our environment.” On fashion vs. functionality:  “Both, but mostly function with an eye for what I believe to be beautiful. As Yves Saint-Laurent said, ‘Fashion fades, style is eternal’.” Shop her wardrobe: Silver Burberry Coat, Louise Olsen earrings, Dinosaur Designs bracelets You can shop the entire collection here. *This post was made in collaboration with Vesiaire Collective The post 5 Aussie Designers Are Selling Their Fave Vintage Pieces RN appeared first on CHRONICLES OF HER. Maddy Woon


via CHRONICLES OF HER https://ift.tt/2P7jCRx

No comments:

Post a Comment