Friday 24 August 2018

10 Things About Me August 24, 2018 at 12:45PM


via Girl With Curves https://ift.tt/2BPDdD4

Hi Everyone,

It’s been a few years since I’ve done an About Me post, and I’ve noticed lots of new readers stopping by recently, so I wanted to take some time to reintroduce myself to those of you who have been following along for a while, and say hello and welcome to those of who who are new to GWC!

I started this blog in 2011 as a creative outlet outside my former career in the tech industry. Shortly after, I decided to put a mission behind it: to show women they can look and feel amazing at any size.

I’m a mom of three – a little boy named Narayan (who I call Nyan, 4 years old), and a baby girl named Madina (whom I call Minnie, 8 months old) and an English Bulldog named Kingston (whom I call Kingy, 6 years old).

I’m multi-racial American (mostly African and Caucasian descent) and my husband is Indian, from New Delhi, India. My maiden last name is Ferguson, married name is Awasthi – pronounced Uh-was-tea.

I’m a full-time lifestyle blogger, covering Style, Beauty + Living here on GirlWithCurves.com, on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and YouTube.

I’m the oldest of 6 — I have 4 little sisters and 1 brother. We all resemble, but have different skin tones and hair textures.

I live in the SF Bay Area, but I’m often in NY for work, especially this year while my design collab. with Lane Bryant was in the works! More on that here – the collection launches in a couple weeks on 9/9!

I’m typically a size 12/14 on top and 16 on bottom, and I’m 5 feet ten inches, with a size 12 foot. (And the sizes I’m wearing are always listed in the details section of each outfit post here on the blog).

My hair is naturally curly and I love my curls, however, I didn’t embrace them until I was 22, when I met a girl with hair similar to mine who loved her curls. She inspired me to love my own. I stopped straightening my hair and now I rarely go straight.

I have a degree in English from UC Berkeley (go Bears!) and I’m a licensed Esthetician.

I battled eating disorders in my teens, then excessive exercise, diet pills and calorie restricting in my 20’s. It wasn’t until I injured my knees so bad I could barely walk that I had a major wake-up call and learned to accept my body in its natural, curvy state. You can read more about my journey to self-love on my About page.

I have a very small circle of non-internet friends who are mostly my sisters (#TrueStory), but I consider each and every person I connect with through Girl With Curves a friend!

—-

Now for a tour around the site!

As you can see in the MENU, there are 4 main sections: Style, Beauty, Living and Columns.

Under Style, you can find my Outfit Posts (including my Pregnancy Style through both of my pregnancies), Style Tips and posts on where to find certain things (including bras and shapewear recommendations), as well as posts related to Seasonal Trends.

In the Beauty section is where you’ll find Skincare Posts (including my daily skincare routine), Makeup Posts (including all the products I personally use), and all of my Hair Posts (including my personal hair care routine complete with the products I use).

Under Living is where you’ll see posts on Wellness, including body confidence, quick and easy meal ideas, lots of how to’s for improving your sleep, healthy habits etc., as well as Motherhood-related posts and a little bit of Travel.

Columns is the newest section I added last year, where you’ll find my Real Talk Column related to things happening in my life, Dear Diary entries written by GWC readers and music Playlists.

On the far right corner of the menu, you’ll see a link to the SHOP section, where you can find several things! If you’re interested in seeing what I’m currently loving or have recently purchased, I keep the Latest Finds section up-to-date with Clothing, Shoes, Accessories and Beauty products.

If you want a quick way to shop outfit posts without scrolling through the Style page, you can simply shop my outfits in one area, here.

Another feature on the site is a Shop my Instagram page, where you’ll find links to everything posted there, including daily outfits and things that don’t make it to the blog.

PS – Are you signed-up for my Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment