Thursday 3 May 2018

Feeling Tired? Here’s 6 Simple Ways To Boost Your Energy Levels The past few weeks have been stacked full of birthdays, work events, late nights and (admittedly) too much #wine. Feeling a touch more sluggish than usual was always to be expected, but this week I’ve felt like the punishment (muscles almost aching when I drag myself out of bed, feeling somewhat delirious all day despite my usual caffeine intake) has far outweighed the crime (having too much fun, obvs). Needless to say, I’ve been hitting the snooze button more than once of a morning, only to wake up feeling worse each and every time. Today, I decided to put an end to the madness. With heavy eyelids and an extra strong coffee in my hand, I researched ways to supercharge my energy in this time of need (greed?). Bad news is that there are a few big mistakes (HUGE!) that I’ve been making, especially of recent. Good news is that they are also pretty easy to un-do, so I thought I’d share them with you. Here’s to not daydreaming about taking naps in various pockets of the office erry day! 1. You snooze, you lose Let’s start with the energy-zapping crime many commit as soon as they open their eyes. Yis, I’m talking about hitting that snooze button. There are a number of reasons this can have a negative effect on your energy levels throughout the day (depending on your sleep cycle, and how much sleep you got overall), but the science says Just. Don’t. Do. It. If you’re hitting snooze just to lie-in while you wait for your body to wake up, that’s a-okay. But, if you’re sleep deprived and falling straight back into a deep sleep, hitting snooze won’t do you any favours. 2. Stretch baby, stretch On that note, jump out of bed and have a stretch. Do a downward dog. Swing your hands up above your head, then down below your knees, and repeat. This gets the blood and oxygen pumping to your muscles, which, in turn, will make you feel more A-L-I-V-E. 3. Water is your friend If you’re feeling a bit ‘meh’, drink more water than usual. Fatigue is one of the first signs of dehydration, so upping your H20 intake won’t do any harm (quite the opposite). Yes, it might mean you need to get up to go to the bathroom more frequently, but regular movement will also help you feel more energised. Win, win. 4. Don’t skip breakfast When I hit snooze, I often find myself feeling frazzled and skipping the most important meal of the day to run out the door. If you don’t have time, grab a banana to keep you going on your commute, then have something more substantial at your desk (porridge is a good one for these in-between months). Your body will pay it back throughout the day with increased energy levels and less cravings. 5. Music to my ears Turn up to your fave tune while you commute to work. Music triggers the release of endorphins (the happy hormone) which have an overall positive affect on the body. Bonus points if your go-to tune gets you bobbing in your seat—dancing boosts blood flow, raises heart rate and gets oxygen and nutrients flowing through your body. 6. More meditation If dancing during your morning commute is a no-go, listen to an energy-boosting meditation instead. There are plenty of free ones online (just Google ‘energy boosting meditation’), which are designed to get you geared-up for the day sans-caffeine. Words, @carmengracehamilton The post Feeling Tired? Here’s 6 Simple Ways To Boost Your Energy Levels appeared first on CHRONICLES OF HER. Carmen Hamilton


via CHRONICLES OF HER https://ift.tt/2HNlqzn

No comments:

Post a Comment