Tuesday 27 March 2018

48 Hours in Mexico City


via Wide Eyed Legless https://ift.tt/2I4d1mD

I do quite a bit of traveling, which I am so grateful for, and I always look forward to that moment I arrive in a new city only to be completely in awe of its ins and outs, and Mexico City was no exception. In fact, it was somehow even more marvelous and special then I imagined it could be.

While I spent a short amount of time there, I still wanted to compile a list for you all because I got the best recommendations from all of you! So without further ado, here is how I plan to spend my next 48 hours in Mexico City:

Start with lunch at Lardo. While I only had dinner there (which was amazing) I heard that brunch or lunch there is even better, plus the place is so pretty you’ll want to take a picture.

Rent a bike (biking in this city is so fun!), then head over to tour the home and studio of Luis Barragan. The architecture looks so stunning. And while you are in the neighborhood, make sure to swing by some of the other cool art galleries, including Kurimanzutto. Then if you’re still in an art mood, walk over to the Tamayo Contemporary art museum. Finish your day at the stunning Rosetta for dinner.

For day 2, wake up early and head to Maximo Bistrot for a bite and some coffee. The head over to tour Frida Kahlo’s home. It’s so inspiring to see the way this strong female creator lived and worked. Next, catch a car over to Museo Jumex, this was by far my favorite museum I visited. The travertine walls alone had me wanting to redesign my home. While you’re there check out the equally beautiful Soumaya Museum. After you’re done viewing some more art (who can complain?!) feel free to wander around the neighborhood and do some shopping (I’ve heard its the best in the city). Then catch a last dinner at the critically acclaimed Pujol, I haven’t personally been but it looks amazing!

Some more restaurants worth mentioning:

Maque

El Parnita 

Cancino

Cicatriz Cafe

Contramar

 

The post 48 Hours in Mexico City appeared first on Wide Eyed Legless.

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment