Monday 26 February 2018

The Negative Space of being Alone


via Wide Eyed Legless http://ift.tt/2sXgFfp

 

Let’s get something straight here, there is nothing negative about negative space. In my young pursuit of a life committed to the Arts, I quickly learned what the phrase “negative space” meant. In art, it is a phrase used to describe the blank space in and around the main subject, which is every bit as crucial (if not more so) then the main subject itself. The negative space allows us to see the nonnegative space in all its color, beauty, mystery and light.

I spent much of this past year being terrified of the unknown, being afraid of the negative space in my own life so to say. Specifically the lack of a partner and the loss of my marriage. But as I get farther away from those specific moments and memories I am gaining some much-needed clarity as it relates to being on my own: What isn’t there gives more meaning to what is.

I choose to embrace this season in my life, and this chance that I have to build what I want and live every day how I want. There is so much freedom and power in learning how to love and depend on yourself. So I encourage you to sit back and think about what “negative space” in your very own life might be present only to help you to make room for more growth, love and all those small moments of shining, shimmering light in between.

 

 

For any of you that feel like you are in a similar place, I suggest reading this book. It has been a great comfort to me through these past few months.

The post The Negative Space of being Alone appeared first on Wide Eyed Legless.

Madelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment